Some time ago we told you that we had designed and carried out an on-line research in order to check:
- if LearningML is a tool with which users learn contents about Artificial Intelligence and
- whether LearningML is an attractive and easy-to-use tool.
Well, at the end of August 2020 we finished our research by analysing the data obtained and producing an article that we presented to SIGCSE ’21.
We are very happy with this publication, because it has not only provided evidence of the instructional and apparent validity of the tool, but it will also be published in the proceedings of a congress with a lot of “tradition”, such as the SIGCSE Technical Symposium, which has been held since 1970 and is one of the references in the world of computing education research.As a summary:
- we have found a significant improvement in the score of the AI test we have used in the research,
- the students’ opinion is that LearningML is an easy to use tool and that it is appropriate for learning AI content,
- students change their perception of AI after using LearningML, so that the definitions they give of AI move from robot-related descriptions to problem-solving descriptions. In other words, they move from the idealized view that the media offers about AI to a more realistic view of what AI really is.
If you want to know more you can download the preprint of the article and read all the details.
Once again, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the teachers, parents and children who have participated with their students and children and who have made this work possible
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)